BC 780HLT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5dq

I inherited a BC 780HLT, not an XLT and I can find no infomation on it. I need at least the owners manual and programming software/cable information. Can anyone help? Thanks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I believe it is an XLT. The "X" is in a font I would never have chosen, but I can see how it might be mistaken for an "H".
Uniden%20Bearcat_BC780XLT_.jpg

teufler

all you need is a serial cable, that plugs into the pc and the serial port on the front of the scanner. believe proscan works, plus win780 also works. scanner will do trunking, one type per bank, none digital. maybe old school but a simple unit to program and there will be things that are monitorable. While police maybe digital, fire is not and most accident, road closings, fire is sent too, so you can figure out where not to go or satisfied what the traffic tie up is about.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, it came out in the 90's when experimenting with X was all the rage. Before my time...

garys

Premium Subscriber
Although it was pre UPMan, it was a ground breaking scanner. Computer programmable, Alpha Tags, trunking, it had it all for it's time.

The serial port is on the rear and you had to push a button to get it into remote mode. If you had it installed in a console, you had to either leave the cable attached or take the radio out to program it. Which was the major drawback of the scanner. Putting the programming jack on the front (thanks UPMan) was a great step forward, although probably the smallest step with the DMA scanners.

Well, it came out in the 90's when experimenting with X was all the rage. Before my time...

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I had mine refurbed a few years back, looks mint, but I cannot source replacement vol/squeclch knob that got broken/pushed in when it fell off a shelf. Still has plastic on the diplay. It will turn on/off but the squelch follows volume.

Any help? :)

t_shuffle

This was and is a very fine radio. I have two of them sitting in my closet. Butel's ARC780 was and is an awesome bit of software, but sadly doesn't seem to run on anything past XP.

mancow

Database Admin
This was and is a very fine radio. I have two of them sitting in my closet. Butel's ARC780 was and is an awesome bit of software, but sadly doesn't seem to run on anything past XP.

You should sell them to me cheap. :wink:

They are some of the greatest milair receivers made.

Status
Not open for further replies.