BC 780XLT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipster

I have Indianapolis MECA II programmed and I have it set for trunking. Why is it that I can go to most any frequency in manual mode and hear traffic? When I am in scan mode, I don’t hear any of it. I don’t understand that. Do I have something programmed wrong or what? Seems like if I can hear it in manual mode, I should be bale to get it in scan mode. And yes, that bank is turned on.

Chipster
N9QKG

mcema699

Step 7 at top of page 38... Hold down trunk for 2 seconds after entering frequency. As you go through the channels if you don't see an M to the extreme left of the display, you left out this important step. I'd guess that's your problem. You'll have to enter all again. Easier if you use Control channel only function.

mcema699

Small change..You won't have to enter all again. Just go freq by freq and hold the trunk button for 2 seconds on each one and/or push till you get the M to show.. follow the directions on pages 37-38

Chipster

I checked all those frequencies and they already have the M in the left side like the book says. It was also programmed with Pozilla’s WinScan 780.

You mentioned control channel only function. Is that programmable with the software? If I run it in control hcannel trunking only, the would eliminate the need to have the individual ID's programmed right?

Chipster

I also noticed I pick up more if I turn the trunk function off. I am thinking this the control channel scanning you menitoned? WHen it stops on the data channel, that is very annoying.

mcema699

I forgot about this thread. I hope you got your scanner working by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.