BC 785D Programing Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

strange_bru

Hello folks:

I'm sure you can help - I'm having a problem programing the new New York frequncies into this scanner. I am apparantly doing something wrong with the "Steps" as when I enter the UHF freq's it scanner rounds them off from .12345 to .1234 - Also, are the freq's FM, WFM, NFM ? I surely can use your advice and perhaps a step by step procedure for setting this thing up properly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

B_Dub

garys

Premium Subscriber
I haven't had a 785 in a few years, but I'm pretty sure that it will not display more than 4 digits to the right of the decimal. There for the last digit will be programmed, but not displayed. Mode should be NFM, set steps to Auto and that should work.

W2PMX

If the signal is FM and you program NFM, it'll have some distortion. If the signal is NFM and you program FM, the audio will be low. Knowing those two things will let you set it correctly.

chazcarly

If the signal is FM and you program NFM, it'll have some distortion. If the signal is NFM and you program FM, the audio will be low. Knowing those two things will let you set it correctly.

Question???
How do you know if it is FM or NFM dosent the scanner pick the right one???? when you input the freq??

scanningisfun

Question???
How do you know if it is FM or NFM dosent the scanner pick the right one???? when you input the freq??

No, it just uses the modulation you have set in band defaults. If your scanner doesn't have a band default option it is most likely 'FM'.

Status
Not open for further replies.