BC 785D Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jak61

Premium Subscriber
Got a chance to purchase a Uniden BC 785D trunk tracker scanner. It has a APCO P-25 digital card installed in unit. Being a greenhorn here, my question is will this help me pick up digital frequencies? Any help I would appreciate.

JamesO

Yes, but as I recall the 785D does not support rebanded 800 systems and may not be able to tune in the 700 MHz range?? I have one here, works great on AM Aircraft, single channel FM and single channel Phase 1 P25.

For the right price it is worth the money, but you WILL be buying another more up to date radio, but KEEP this radio and you will use it.

Mine is chatting away right now on some standard FM public safety. I have it and 5 other newer digital scanners running right next to me as I type this.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You have to check carefully to see what frequencies any trunk systems you might want to monitor are using. As noted, it will not properly trunk rebanded Motorola systems. I will track EDACS systems. It will do LTR systems as well.

As to digital, it will only process Motorola P-25 audio, either conventional or Type II trunked.

The technology is dated, but if it will work with the kind of digital systems you want to listen to, it's a fine scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.