BC-796d Cloning problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thesnowdog

Trying to clone a BC796d to another, I keep getting ERROR message. All connections are tight, I am doing procedure properly, and still keep getting the ERROR message.
Booklet that came w/ scanner not too helpful in the troubleshooting dept. Any suggestions or ideas?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Highpockets

Thesnowdog said:
Trying to clone a BC796d to another, I keep getting ERROR message. All connections are tight, I am doing procedure properly, and still keep getting the ERROR message.
Booklet that came w/ scanner not too helpful in the troubleshooting dept. Any suggestions or ideas?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What kind of cable are you using? You may need a null modem cable, check manual.

Thesnowdog

I'm pretty sure I'm using proper cable. I'm not too well rehearsed on cable, but I'm using the same cable as I would for my computer, whick works fine.

Highpockets

Thesnowdog said:
I'm pretty sure I'm using proper cable. I'm not too well rehearsed on cable, but I'm using the same cable as I would for my computer, whick works fine.

If your using just the cable that you use from scanner to computer, you need a null modem adapter, it shows a picture in the manual that plugs into one end of the cable to one of the scanners.

Highpockets

If you programed the first scanner with the computer, you have software and the cable, why don't you just program the second scanner the same way, with computer.

frankh

If all else fails, Butel ARC 250 has a free backup available from their website. If you backup the programming on the scanner that you want to copy, you should be able to dump it onto the other scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.