BC 796D Digital Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfd19

Premium Subscriber
Hi I have a BC 796D base scanner. I have a channel that is a digital channel and was working fine. I unplugged it and brought it home and now there is an issue with that channel. It just makes the horrible squelch/nasty sound when ever they key the mike. I didn't touch anything on it and am not sure the issue. I do know that the P-25 card is enabled and that is on. It is a UHF 450 range channel. I appreciate any help. Not sure what the setting should be or how they could have been changed from just moving it. Never had a problem doing that before. Is it possible for the digital card(p-25) to go bad? thanks in advance.

spooney

Changing locations probably is what your problem is. Decoding digital requires a good strong signal. Try moving the scanner around or changing antennas at your new location in order to get the best signal you can. If your using the telescopic antenna on the back of the scanner try adjusting the height of it. On UHF freq's I find that pulling out just half of each section usually works pretty good.

jfd19

Premium Subscriber
I Am going back to where it Always was at. My house. Took it to work and broughT it home same locaripon same chAnnel. The signal is. Extremely good all bars. I Am at A loss

KIKINWING

Premium Subscriber
Did they switch from digital to encrypted and you just happened to move on the same day? Check the database for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.