Bc-796d

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
hello folks I have a issue with ID SCAN. The radio will not stop on programed OPP Fleetnet T/Gs. it will only stop on OPP on Fleetnet t/gs while in the ID SEARCH mode. and i have checked to see if i had the t/gs locked out. that wasn't the problem. Could it be a setting issue?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
check that the "GROUP / LIST " is turned on in ID SCAN.
If its off it will bypass the list that you have programmed

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I have had the 296 switch the I-Call Setting to "ONLY" all by itself. But I thought that it had the opposite effect, would not stop on talk-groups when in ID SEARCH. Don't have it any more so can't try to confirm, but it definitely caused it to not stop on TG's.

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
I have had the 296 switch the I-Call Setting to "ONLY" all by itself. But I thought that it had the opposite effect, would not stop on talk-groups when in ID SEARCH. Don't have it any more so can't try to confirm, but it definitely caused it to not stop on TG's.

ok i will give it a shot!!

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber

nope....still no dice...thanks anyway

gary123

do you have the arc software. I can send you a working opp file for the KW area

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
How about priority on. There is two for the 796, One for trunk systems and one for conventional channels. If you have the trunk priority on it is hard to notice over all. However I don't believe the trunk has priority plus, just conventional . Just a shot.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I have one thing to ask about my BC796D, I am hoping anyone on here can answer for me.

On my 796 when I am scanning the conventional channels and when it stops on a active channel, even though I have the delay for these channels set to 4 Seconds. I am noticing and this has been going on since I had the radio or for a long time anyways. That when it stops on a active conventional channel, sometimes it will stay on that channel until they are done talking and the other times it will just continue scanning while that person just started talking or while he/she is talking and when it does this, I am missing some or most of the conversation when it does this, by the time it gets back to that channel again.

Because it should stay on that channel until the person is done talking just like it does on a PRO 96, etc.

So I am just wondering if anyone on here who owns and uses a BC796D scanner, if you have the same problem or if it's just my 796 that does this and what the problem might be and if there is a way to fix it.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post. Thanks.

Coolguy

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Check that you don't have a negative delay setting in effect for those channels. Page 38 of the owners manual shows how you can have a delay of 2 seconds, 4 seconds etc... or a negative delay that will automatically resume scanning after xx seconds.

SCPD

QRT
Nope. The delay on all of those conventional channels are at +4 Seconds. That is what I put them all at. And it is still doing it.

So I was just wondering what might be causing it, if it isn't the delay on those channels.

Thanks.

Coolguy

Status
Not open for further replies.