• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

bc 895 xlt Discriminator Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrown2

I found the wiki on the tap and found it without any problems on the board. I also read the wiki on the 898t tap just for how to make a clean install. Not what or how to connect to the board.

I purchased a Radio Shack 274-0246 also known as 274-246 1/8 stereo plug. I think this is wrong, but not sure. Trying to use this part I shorted pins 2 to 5 to each other and 3 to 4 to each other. I put a 1k ohm resistor inline from pin 3 to the discriminator tap and then put a wire from pin 1 to ground of the scanner.

The scanner works, but when I put a headphone into the 1/8 plug I don't hear anything. I have tried it to the pc yet. I just thought I would be able to hear something as a test. If nothing, then I thought I did something wrong.

Questions:
Do you suggest another 1/8 plug from Radio Shack? If so what number?
If this one will work do I have the configuration correct?
If so then should I hear anything in the headphones connected to the 1/8 plug?

David

Last edited:

dbrown2

Never Mind I got it to work. I needed to connect the discrimnator tap to lead 2 not lead 3. I now have Mtrunker running.

Status
Not open for further replies.