BC Conservation Officers freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

markvfr

Hi all,

First post here. I was wondering if anyone can suggest where to look for the British Columbia Conservation Officers frequencies? I searched with google, Industry Canada database and couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

Mark

BC_Scan

Generally depending where you are , you did not tell us
you can find them on the BC forestry VHF network , they tend to be elusive to mointor but use callsign of Conservation etc. 155.22 is a likely candidate if they are in a Provincial park , in the lower mainland they use cell phones extensively as we have lot's of problems with bears on the North shore & Coquitlam plateua area,
last time I looked in the vehicle I saw BC forestry repeaters in use in Loon lake area.

markvfr

Thanks BC. I'm in Fernie, Crankbrook, Koocanusa area. The areas cell coverage is pretty spotty so I imagine they would be using simplex and repeaters but couldn't find anything concrete. I'm in the backcountry a lot and it would be nice to have their frequencies to monitor. There are no Provincial Parks in the area that I frequent much.

Thanks.

BC_Scan

upon further checking you have one of the oddball freq for environment 155.745 & all the usual red, purrple , green forestry freqs ,nearest offices are Nelson & Cranbrook, don't know how much you will hear , first of course verify you see that they have vhf comm's ??

BC_Scan

yes those are the correct one's to use, i would not necessarily use tones ( so that you dont miss any comm's) over hear in Vancouver one channel I monitor overlaps the other , one from the island & one from fraser valley lower mainland, so I leave that one open (no ctcss)
unless you are in a high rf intermod area (which I doubt) you shouldn't have to use tones, after all you are receiving only anyhow right??

dwc

Database Admin
Dont' forget to listen to your local RCMP frequencies. Conservation officers regularly work with RCMP members and may require assistance from them in areas where they work alone. I have heard conservation and other special constables on RCMP repeaters in the past. I guess it depends on what area they are in as well.

markvfr

Right, I forgot tones are only for Tx. I'm new to scanning and radio, so still learning. I guess I'll leave the tones off when programming to get any traffic on there. No Tx'ing for me.

Good suggestion dwc. I'll find the RCMP freqs for the area and program them in but I've heard some of the repeaters are now digital though. I guess I'll find out.

Cheers,
M

BC_Scan

Well tones are good for receiving also, for one they help in high rf areas helping to eliminate pager barf & other assorted radio noises, but seeing as we in BC are reducing how many paging systems there are in the big city it has become less of an issue.
You have not mentioned which scanner you have but if it is a newer generation that has the ability to show the ctcss when you have programmed it is as such, it is then good to jot down for later reference
let us know if you find anything

Status
Not open for further replies.