BC-GPSK and 436hp compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellykeeton

It's unclear everywhere...the BC-GPSK package, that include the cable to plug in to the new 436?

If I ship a unit to my dad is he "all set"

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
There is a separate cable to attach the GPS to the 436. It costs another twenty bucks.

Last edited:

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
The cable is included with the BC-GPSK.

I can confirm this. I just bought a BC-GPSK and it plugged into my 436 scanner and worked perfectly right out of the box. No additional cable or other component was needed.

-Tim

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Tim am I missing something? I only have the connection for the 536. Is there a separate cable for the 436?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Tim am I missing something? I only have the connection for the 536. Is there a separate cable for the 436?

It came with two cables that plugged together (similar to a mouse/computer plug). The combined cable has a cigarette plug for power, a serial port plug, and the tiny plug to the 436.

What kind of jack does the 536 have? I didn't see any options when I bought the GPS.

-Tim

Hit_Factor

The cable with the kit is unwieldy.

You have to join the DB9 pin male and female together (format is the same as old serial port on a computer) but it doesn't come with nuts to make it secure. One end goes into the cigarette lighter, another into the scanner and the puck goes on your dashboard.

The puck has a red led, it blinks but nothing tells you with the kit what the led indicates.

This kit probably works with other scanners utilizing the DB9 connector. It might be good for the manufacturer but its a pain for the end user with a 436.

kellykeeton

So my dad got the package and started using it with the 436 no issues. it has all cables and everything is as it should be.

as for the questions about how it plugs into scanners for a base unit you use the DB9 for the HT you use the mini serial thing uniden uses. As for the pain to use.. not sure what that is about .. it just plugs all up and works.

Status
Not open for further replies.