BC-GPSK Unit Inop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epbernstein

Hey, Paul--

I just got a BCD436HP along with a BC-GPSK GPS. It seems that the GPS is defective. I have looked at the threads on the forum, and I don't see "GPS" appear on the scanner, the LED (I assume it's the one on the lighter plug since I don't find any other) has always shown steady red, and the lat/long on the scanner don't update when I move my car with the scanner in it.

One thing I noticed is that the DIN-6 plug was hard to connect. On the male end of the connector there are five pins on the outer circumference of the plug--is that normal, or could that be the problem? In any event, I can't get the dang thing to work...

Thanks,

Erik

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There is a red LED on the puck itself that either flashes or glows steady. If that isn't lit, the puck isn't getting power. Make sure the pins are aligned correctly with their respective sockets on all the connectors before pushing them together. They are keyed to only go one way.

W5RGP

Hey, Paul--

I just got a BCD436HP along with a BC-GPSK GPS. It seems that the GPS is defective. I have looked at the threads on the forum, and I don't see "GPS" appear on the scanner, the LED (I assume it's the one on the lighter plug since I don't find any other) has always shown steady red, and the lat/long on the scanner don't update when I move my car with the scanner in it.

One thing I noticed is that the DIN-6 plug was hard to connect. On the male end of the connector there are five pins on the outer circumference of the plug--is that normal, or could that be the problem? In any event, I can't get the dang thing to work...

Thanks,

Erik

Is the led on on the puck itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes the LED is on the round puck. It isn't easy to see in the daylight.

I'm pretty sure it is steady in the beginning. Once it "locks in" on GPS signals, it starts to blink.

epbernstein

Ok--the puck is not getting power--no lights anywhere except the lighter plug.

Time to request an exchange from Amazon. Thanks, everyone for the assistance with the diagnosis!

Best,

Erik

eaf1956

Feed Provider
There is a red LED on the puck itself that either flashes or glows steady. If that isn't lit, the puck isn't getting power. Make sure the pins are aligned correctly with their respective sockets on all the connectors before pushing them together. They are keyed to only go one way.

Tried to attach a PIX

Attachments

• 20170324_185529.jpg
    20170324_185529.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.