BC RH96--Remote head

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Just recieved my remote head. Just below the "hold resume" knob there is a small round "button" and has a picture of head phones above it, but I can't get it to open up! Is it supposed to?
.To the left of this button is a small square "button", and I can't get it to open either Can someone tell me what these "buttons" are for and if they open up?

Have read the manual, and there is not any information about them

Thanks

palo1

It looks like they used the front panel from the 996 and just plugged those two holes as their function was implemented on the remote head.

On the 996 the round one is indeed for headphones and the square one is used to connect the scanner to a computer.

If you are adventurous (and its easy) you could remove the faceplate and see if anything is hooked up to those spots

p

bpsmicro

Since there's no audio *too* the RH, there won't be any audio *from* it either. So there won't be anything on the headphone jack. I confess, when I got mine I thought exactly the same thing ("cool, I can plug headphones right into the RH!"), but once logic set in, I realized that wasn't possible.
I ended up making a remote headset jack that goes to the scanner itself, so I can plug in an earpiece on long trips with the nattering spouse & kids. :->

The small round plug was where I originally wanted to mount the switch when I modded my RH96. Unfortunately, there was no room behind, the PCB was in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_3179a.JPG
    IMG_3179a.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,946

warrior420

floydpink999999 said:
The small round plug was where I originally wanted to mount the switch when I modded my RH96. Unfortunately, there was no room behind, the PCB was in the way.

What is this toggle switch for?

Modding is fun, any way you look at it, but please DO NOT attempt it yourself if you don't have the capabilities and nerves to go deep into the technicals.

I simply took a fine product and improved on it to my personal liking. Works awesome!!!

Now, every single time I turn ON the Remote Head, all my personal settings are preserved the way I want them. I use it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.