Bc rh96 won't connect to bc346xtc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaeric2

I just bought a bc346xtc and the remote head unit rc rh96 from scan master and the scanner won't connect to the remote head unit. It says scanner unconnected. I changed the baud rate ( tried every setting) and disabled the c chan but still nothing. Scan master says they are compatible right in bold print on the web site. I have a friend that also has the remote head unit but a different scanner model and my scanner won't connect to his either using his cords but his scanner connects to my rh96 no problem. I was on hold for 55 minutes with unbidden support but had to hang up before anybody picked up because I couldn't sit around any longer . Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!!

kc9hyr

Premium Subscriber
there is a firmware update available for the rh96 that if you haven't done it i believe that will solve your problem

jaeric2

It came with 2.00.01. I haven't found any other firmware updates. I tried again today to contact Uniden but again had to hang up after 50 minutes on hold waiting to talk to a human. I then tried to get a hold of Scannermaster but was on hold for more than 20 minutes. When you call scannermaster's support number and choose the Uniden option it is just a recording telling me to call Uniden direct. Pretty upset with both companies lack of customer service. I emailed Scannermaster but still no response back from them.

N9JIG

Sheriff
KC9HYR is correct, there is a firmware update for RH96's to work with the 4 XT series scanners.

In addition make sure your serial port is firmly connected, this tiny little sockets are pretty flimsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.