BC125AT - 1.05.01 latest firmware - any updated info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

Got an analog scanner to have fun with.
See my unit when it turns on says 1.05.01.

Can't find anything online but 1.03.01
Wonder what changes there are between these two versions - where can I get more current info?
Is this the latest firmware?

BC125AT SS (Software is: 1.03 rev 00) - anything newer than this? Just trying to verify this.

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That type of firmware discrepancy has been addressed a few times in the forums...

It's not uncommon for units of the same model with a newer manufacture date to have factory loaded firmware that is a higher version than the updates available online. It usually has to do with the fact that some internal components used in previously manufactured units are no longer available (or have been superseded), and newer/different components are used in the later builds.

The newer components (that may actually perform the same functions as the old ones, maybe just from a different manufacturer) may just need to be addressed with a few different lines of firmware code. The earlier built units don't need those code updates because it doesn't affect overall functionality, so the firmware available online doesn't need to be updated.

If/when new features or bug fixes are released for all scanners of that model, online updates will be posted that will benefit all of them.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
@fxdscon - That makes sense. Thanks.

Can we confirm the PC Software to program it BC125AT SS is current at Version 1.03?
Thanks.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
See post #3 :rolleyes:

Your link in post #3 confirms the online firmware version at 1.03.01

Post #10 is asking if 1.03.00 is the current version of the programming software for that scanner, hence my link for the software download in post #11.

Confusing with similar version numbers.

Scan125

For what it is worth I personally find the Uniden Corporation to be a collection of disjointed regional business with no real Corporate operational integrity like you get with the likes AOR, YAESU, JVC ...........

The BC125AT, UBC125XLT, UBC126AT are prime examples of design variations on the same theme (renationalised) but when you have one you are basically one your own.

I speak with experience in that when I was developing Scan125 I contacted Uniden Japan HQ with a technical query on the UBC125XLT. They pointed me to the US company/distributor. When I eventually got a reply I was told to contact Uniden Australia. Australia just pointed my back to Japan. With Alinco and Yaesu I had no such issues and of course excellent response and support.

Just my personal point of view/experience.

I'll certainly give great credit to Paul Opitz (UnidenMan4) (sadly RIP) who has been the sunshine for US Uniden user in his support and presence here. But as mentioned elsewhere he was very much a one man effort and since his loss Uniden have not found someone else to take up the role/challenge.

Mikeums

accidentally downgraded BC125AT to version 1.03 or whatever. how do i get back to 1.05.01 or later or whatever? can't find a download link anywhere... anybody?

Scan125

I'm guessing that the Uniden Update Software did not offer the option to backup your existing firmware? If this is true then it is very stupid of Uniden.

If the update software does backup, or offer the option to backup, then maybe somebody here on the forum with 1.05.01 can save their firmware and then send it to you.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I like my 125 for aircraft, but in today's scanner world it is limited in coverage above 512 and lacks any digital ability. Don't expect to see any upgrades before it reaches EOL.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing that the Uniden Update Software did not offer the option to backup your existing firmware? If this is true then it is very stupid of Uniden.

If you run BC_VUP (the updater tool) you can select which firmware version you want installed.

For the BC125AT, all three released versions of firmware (1.01.05, 1.02.05, 1.03.01) are available through the tool.

Sounds very smart of Uniden, actually.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
What's not smart of Uniden is to not include the two latest BC125AT firmware versions, 1.04.02 and 1.05.01 in the BC_VUP tool. It's not clear if there is a way to save these latest versions from the scanner for others to use in an update.

This has happened with the BCT15X as well. Some users noticed that the Uniden firmware page showed 1.03.00 as the latest while their BCT15X was at revision 1.05.03. Opitz eventually added 1.05.03 to the BC_VUP tool but the Uniden firmware webpage to this day still shows 1.03.00 as the latest. I have not seen any Uniden document that explains the difference between 1.05.03 and 1.03.00 for the BCT15X.

Uniden support isn't what it used to be so there may not be an update to the BC_VUP tool to include the latest BC125AT firmware versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.