BC125AT - 1.05.01 latest firmware - any updated info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
The backup is always a good idea, but your data should not have been erased.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Just FIY, I did the firmware update this morning from 1.05.01 to 1.06.05. All of my frequencies were cleared to 0.000, but the alpha tags remained. It was not a big deal for me as I had the programming saved, but this might bite others.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Just letting you know all was erased, when I turned it back on there was nothing to scan!
I know on my SDS scanners doing the updates doesn’t erase the info.
But once again thank you.
Looking forward to seeing you on Scanner Guys on YouTube in the near future!

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
"
Looking forward to seeing you on Scanner Guys on YouTube in the near future!

It might not be "near future". I want to get things under control first. I hope to be well into phase III by then (major bug fixes).

JustLou

Just FIY, I did the firmware update this morning from 1.05.01 to 1.06.05. All of my frequencies were cleared to 0.000, but the alpha tags remained. It was not a big deal for me as I had the programming saved, but this might bite others.

Same here

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Will add a cautionary note to the TWIKI and inform the engineers.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
For anyone who has had the 'frequencies zeroed out' issue, do you have a 370Z model or a 370A model?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
There has been some speculation that the last two firmware versions were for a part change. I have seen at least one report where attempting an older 1.03.01 version update bricked the 125.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
For anyone who has had the 'frequencies zeroed out' issue, do you have a 370Z model or a 370A model?
I have the 370Z. I had 1.04.02 before the update, from what I can hear it works as good as it did before the update, I guess I just like having the latest.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
OK. Lots of 370Z cases. Any with 370A?
Didn't 370A always ship with 1.06.05 firmware? Does BC_VUP allow overwriting the firmware with the same version? BC_VUP isn't working at the moment with the Uniden server being down.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Some users did downgrade and re-upgraded to the latest firmware. I realize that is a very small subset, but was hoping someone might have done this and could tell if the issue exists in those models. I will tell the engineers to try it.

Some 370A units did ship with earlier versions (there were three versions after the latest main version previously available in BC_VUP). None shipped with 1.03.xx which I think was the latest BC_VUP version available until a few weeks ago when I updated it. The server is down so I can't check specifics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.