BC125AT Batteries not charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwnut13

My BC125AT is not charging my batteries. The switch is set to Ni-MH, I am using Duracell 2000mah "Duraloops", and I have a 2amp USB adapter.

I know that the manual states:

"Be sure the scanner is turned off. It will recharge only if it is turned off, even with the USB cable connecting it to a computer."

But later on it says:

"Note: The batteries will take longer to charge when the scanner is in use."

I had the scanner plugged in (and scanning) for about 18 hours, with the charger timer set to 14 Hours. I just unplugged the scanner and it lasted about a minute before it started beeping that the batteries were dead.

What's going on here? Is the scanner running on the batteries after the charge timer has shut off? My BC95XLT would run off the plug when it was done charging, leaving the batteries charged and ready to go.

Is there something wrong with my scanner? Does this happen to other people as well?

Last edited:

GemmaKnight

The batteries actually don't charge while the scanner is on. That's a misprint in the manual. I've had my bc125at for 8 month's now and they've never charged while the scanner was on. :)

Ed6698

I would suggest getting a separate battery charger. Some people have reported batteries having issues while charging in a scanner and damaging the scanner. I have never had that issue however, I charge my batteries in a battery charger and never charge them in the scanner. I use the Maha Powerex C9000 charger. Charging the batteries in a good charger will give you way better battery performance then charging them in the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.