BC125AT & BC365CRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
I was a die hard Whistler fan using the WS1065 and WS1040 digital models until recently. I live in the Northwestern mtns. of NC, luckily all emergency services are still using VHF analog with no changes in the foreseeable future. So I got to thinking, why have all this digital capable equipment that is of no use to me. So I sold off the Whistler units and purchased the Uniden BC 125AT and the BC365CRS. And let me tell you I have never been happier since making the switch. The receive on both Uniden models is superb way beyond that of Whistler. And as for programming they are both extremely simple to navigate through. And the added bonus of the FM radio and alarm clock on the 365CRS are a great feature as well. So if you're in the market for a analog unit check them out. I myself give them a big (y) as well as 5 stars for performance!!

marlin39a

Premium Subscriber
I am lucky that I live in a County where everything is still analog. I agree with you on the BC125. I program with the ARC125 software. Scanning is easy and inexpensive for me.

Scan125

For your BC125AT you may want to look at my free/Charity Ware Scan125 Control Program.

Scan125 Control Program

Very well used and respected with features / base station operability well beyond other programs.

danesgs

I tend to agree there is no bad scanner, some yes are way more sensitive than others. I have (2) 895XLT's they are "OK" for casual monitoring but not REAL sensitive, I have a AOR 8000 that is great for wide band use and fairly fast for scanning, A PRO-2096 that is pretty deaf, A GRE-900 that does just fine on Digital and (2) 235XLt's that are built well and scan well, but my recent love is a 246T handheld. Super fast analog scanning, 1600 channels, nice feature of turning the back light on with a signal, but best of all its fairly small and easy to navigate menu-wise. I started with a Realistic Patrolman 60 in the 1970's and that was a cool tunable radio. My first programmable was the Bearcat 300 which had only 50 channels but had service search and took up lots of space on a desk. The only scanners I really did not like much were the Regency M100 and M400 with the tactile keyboard, odd programming steps etc. Still used them though. Everyone is different when it comes to what we like or dislike I guess in radios. The one thing at my age though that is sure is that I will never go back to a tube radio, Although I started listening to SW with a Zenith Transoceanic B600 6 tube beast. The rich audio was a kicker back then, Even repaired a couple along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.