BC125AT Firmware Version 01.04.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanders

When trying to download programming software for my new BC125AT scanner, I accidentally installed an old version of the firmware (1.03.01). How can I restore my scanner to the original firmware?

Also, my owner's manual instructs me to go to the uniden site to download the programming software, drivers, etc. and that "a series of screens will appear" to help me. I've found that the site mentioned in the manual: BC125AT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki is full of old software/firmware, worthless "driver" files that don't contain the .exe file, so they won't install, and I don't see any PC programming downloads anywhere.

I've spent 3 hours USING GOOGLE to find information on how to download the drivers, find the PC programming software, and restore my factory-installed firmware, which I over-wrote by mistake.

Can anyone help?!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The link to the programming software is on the page you link to, above, under the heading: PC Programming Software (Updated 9/6/2012)

I'll see if I can get 1.04.02 up on the update site, soon. But, it just adjusted charging parameters to comply with California Energy Commission rules. It is not different from the current version available for update in any way you'll notice.

Driver files are not applied using "exe" files. I've updated the instructions on that page to be clearer.

alanders

Thanks

Thanks, I did find the PC Software download. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and to make the extra effort to update the uniden site with the new version of the firmware. Even though the newer version won't affect the function of the radio, I'd just as soon put it back the way I got it.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.