BC125AT Full Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

Ok, if this is the case and great importance get UBC126AT from Australia Choose Online Radio Scanner, VHF Scanner and Digital Scanners for Sale Prices or UK version UBC125XLT or Albrecht AE125H from Germany or Holland. All of them support Mil Air and beyond. Not sure about US import duties thingee ? even Poland only US$140 on XE conversion plus shipment. Yes, maybe US$30-40 extra than US prices but you get full kit.

My main gripe with it was no where was it advertised as being clipped at 380, including the box itself, just said "military air band". Had I known it was hobbled I never would have bought it in the first place. Now that I have, I use it as a secondary scanner at air shows, mostly searching for freqs while my other scanners are scanning through known active freqs ,,, So I already have scanners without this limitation and yes, I'll likely end up cutting my losses on this thing and selling it.

questnz

Not sure why Uniden actually would clip some Mil Air upper frequencies from budget for US market scanner not just left open as for other regions. Stupid, just created frustration knowing that other users overseas can enjoy continuous frequencies up to 512 MHz. Far as we know there is no restrictions from FCC for Mil Air band. Maybe is some of your friends who will be passing thru Australia or Europe just ask them to get scanner there for you. I use 126AT for analog and air during my travels when passing airports in transit and at the same time watching on iPad Flightradar24 or Planes Live at the aircraft's approaching or departing. Great little scanner and good value for the money. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.