bc125at (handheld scanner just picked it up today) programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterEKurtz

just got the radio today, got the software installed and my channels loaded into bank 1/2 and scanning/reception is working well.

my question is about making changes to things such as volume level/ brightness ect. i raised the volume level and a few other things by the programming cable but the volume level on the radio didnt go up, i tried doing it with the radio off/on etc. but nothing worked, what did i do wrong?

thanks in advance to anyone with help,
mike.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
To turn the volume up / down you press down on the knob on top of the scann and turn it up / down.If you want to turn the squelch up and down you pretty much do the same process but you press the Function key first. Most of the time people set their squelch at about the level of 2.

I don't think there is any way to change the brightness but if there is it will be in the menu area. The orange or whatever color it is key is the Function (Func) key. Pressing it and then pressing the Enter or E key will get you into the menu with other options. You will see an F on the screen when you press the Function key. But it will disappear if you don't press something else soon after so be aware of that too.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

N4DJC

Just press the menu button on the keypad, scroll with the knob to “settings“ press knob down, then scroll to “backlight”, from there you can set the dimmer (brightness settings) and mode (keypad, squelch, etc).

Last edited:

WalterEKurtz

Are you using the Uniden software or something 3rd party?
im using the uniden software. what ive learned at this point is that all of the settings you make only stay with specific groups of channels you program. in other words, if you turn on the radio for anything other than a specific group ALL the settings revert to the factory settings.

pb_lonny

im using the uniden software. what ive learned at this point is that all of the settings you make only stay with specific groups of channels you program. in other words, if you turn on the radio for anything other than a specific group ALL the settings revert to the factory settings.

What settings? The volume / squelch and other settings for the radio are global and apply to the radio as a whole, not just individual channels. The best bet would be to clear the radio and only program in frequencies you want to scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.