BC125AT is selling for $83.96 on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

This is an awesome little scanner in its normal $130 - $110 price range, and now it's under $84? Snatch one up while you can. It doesn't have trunking, and no digital, but it does have military air band (most of it, anyway, up to 380 MHz), CTCSS and DCS tone decoding, alphanumeric display, and 500 channels. Also it comes with its own programming software and programming cable. Very sensitive little receiver, great deal IMHO.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
It also does not go above 512 mhz, and the software is bad. That being said, it is a good analog scanner. It uses the old bank system of channels, has service scan built in and programmable scan banks. The Butel software makes it easy to load up all 500 slots, and the controls are logical with a function key for secondary button functions.

Analogrules

I just bought the BC125 for about the same price on ebay New, and sold my Digital bcd436 since it doesn't do a good job decoding trunked digital from my location and more PD's are going encrypted now anyway, so the price tag of the BCD436 just isn't worth it for me.

I must say that I really enjoy the BC125 analog scanner. The close-call is much more sensitive than the Bcd436 and this analog scanner picks up a lot more analog transmissions, compared to my ex-bcd436 digital scanner was missing. I do not regret getting rid of digital. The one thing I do not like about the BC125 is that it limits you to only 50 channels in a bank. I really wish it had more than 500 channels total. As I am still programming it, I realize I will be running out of room because I like to have all railroad, marine, and common Mil Air frequencies in there too. You can scan Only marine, rail, etc.. using the service bank searches, but cannot do that while scanning your regular channel banks at the same time.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You probably had a bad 436. I occasionally get Close Call hits from Virginia in Pennsylvania.

Analogrules

Nah, the close call feature worked, just not every time. I live right next to my local PD, and the BC125 picks up the close call every time dispatch keys up while the bcd436 only picked it up randomly during longer transmissions only, yet was constantly picking up all the FM radio stations further away.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
yet was constantly picking up all the FM radio stations further away.

That what the Broadcast Screen settings are for--you can block out frequency ranges that Close Call will totally ignore. User error.

Scan125

The one thing I do not like about the BC125 is that it limits you to only 50 channels in a bank. I really wish it had more than 500 channels total. As I am still programming it, I realize I will be running out of room because I like to have all railroad, marine, and common Mil Air frequencies in there too.

Have you thought of putting your frequencies into a spread sheet with multiple tabs. If you use Scan125 and Scan125_Convert then you can export different banks of 500 frequencies to a CSV file in Scan125 file format and load the scanner from there.

I know someone who has gone one step further adding controls/macros to his spread sheet program and can create Scan125 format files directly. He just hooks the scanner up, selects what he wants. He has many 1000s of frequencies to select from.

Not many people require 1000s of frequencies in their scanner at any one time. Better to store and manage/organise in a spread sheet then select what you want.

ot0tot

Premium Subscriber
I highly recommend Scan125!

It's great, easy to use software to program and control the BC125AT and other scanners.

Thanks Nick!

Status
Not open for further replies.