BC125AT New Scanner Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Not sure, but the 125 SS only reads, or sends frequency, search limits, and alpha tags only. I think the 95 SS "full version" does more. You can download the basic version on the Uniden software page.

thomast77

But isn't the basic version of 95 SS limited to only program 2 banks?

To answer my own question, The 95ss demo software only uploads 1-20 channels to the scanner unless you pay for it. So back to my previous question. Does the BC125AT software have any limitations like the 95ss software does? I want to be absolutely positively sure about this. The Wiki page Upman gave does not say.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Uniden must have wanted to sell a software package for the 95 at the time. There are also other third party software packages for the 95 that cost more than the $14.95 for the full software and I suspect that the 125 will also have other third party software that will not be free, since the protocol (like the 95) was also released for the 125. There are also other Uniden models that require you to purchase a key to get the full version and some that are included in the price of the radio. I'm sure the software development was not free, but it may reflect the price of the 125 at $140 dollars retail.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've been reading the threads on the software for the 125, and I have a real simple question - why isn't Uniden including the RR Web import function like most of the other non-Uniden supplied software does? It seems a ridiculous oversight - particularly when you recall that the pre loaded data in the DMA scanners comes from - guess where? So it can't be a question of some licensing legaleze...

Really Paul, when it comes to software, to me you guys constantly blow it.

Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Site updated with release version of the software (including help file).

We make our programming protocols available to anyone who wants to create enhanced software, keeping our focus primarily on the hardware.

Mikepepd

Interesting that they are listed on ebay since I don't believe they have been released as yet. No word from UPman, and Scannermaster says available Feb. 13th.

N1GJB

Anybody manage to get their hands on one yet? Thinking about taking the ride to Scanner Master and picking one up in person early next week but I'm wondering how the audio output is. I will prob be using the radio in a combination of mobile and portable environments and need something fairly loud. Yes, I know I can use an external speaker (amplified or not) which I will when mobile, but when portable its important too.

joehawth

KB1RRG
seems like a nice machine and a very worthy replacement of my pro-99. Not a whole lot of a step up, but the DCS squelching will be nice, the program layout seems less clunky, and i've always preferred bearcat scanners.. can't wait to get one!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
BC125AT Post Release Thread

Thought about trying this puppy out if the price was around $100. But for an average price of about $139 before shipping, I might as well get a second PSR-310 that has almost everything one would want for analog scanning. Just my opinon!

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Well it's not $100, but you may want to check again, Manny. :twisted: BC125AT - The RadioReference Wiki

Dave;
I don't understand what you mean by your post.????? I read all the features of this radio and for the price it still is not worth getting for me since for a few bucks more, the PSR 310 has twice as many features. But again, these are just MY needs. Plus, the radio is still missing the 7.5 Khz. steps in the VHF side, so it is only half ready for narrowbanding. Again, this is MY opinion for MY needs. Others may find this radio suits them.

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.