BC125AT: bc125at programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhartley

i have programming by computer working but cant seem to program individual banks. should i be able to organize and program by banks without interupting others. manual dosent cover at all. help welcome tom wk8m

cant seem to program individual banks.

Page 19 explains the banks.

" Channel Storage Banks - To make it easier to identify and select the channels you want to listen to, the 500 channels are divided into 10 channel storage banks containing 50 channels each. You could use each channel storage bank to group frequencies by department, location, area of interest, or any other way you prefer. You can listen to any or all of the banks by using the number keys to turn them on or off "

Scan125

Could be wrong but I think OP Tom wants to "batch" program say many/all 50 channels in Bank X without having to change or load anything else into any other bank?????

Scan125 works differently to other programs I believe. Scan125 makes all operations and changes of data in real time. When the program starts it reads ALL of the scanner setting and uses that as the de-facto state of the scanner and obviously sets all those values into Scan125. From then on data or settings changed in Scan125 are verified in the program first, are then sent to the scanner and then a "read back" from the scanner is made. The read back is an essential difference compare to other programs as this ensures that any changes the scanner makes to the data (e.g. aligning a frequency to a step value) is communicated back into the Scan125 program.

Batch loading and saving in Scan125 is done by file saving and file loading.

In Scan125 the "Save Scanner Settings" from the main menu creates a file containing ALL the scanner data. Frequencies, Volume, Squelch, ......, enabled banks etc. This is called and internally tagged a "#FULL#" file.

Scan125 can also save just selected frequency/channel data. This could be a whole bank, all banks or a random selection of channels. This is called a "#PART#" file.

The main menu "Load Scanner Settings" will load either a #FULL# or #PART# file and only make the changes contained in the file.

As I suspect the OP Tom is new to scanning and his scanner he is starting with essentially a blank/empty scanner.

Scan125 does not currently support the use of direct connection and loading of data from the Radio Radio Reference Database. However Scan125 in conjunction with the Scan125Convert Utility can read CSV data file and the Radio Ref. Database is able to save it's data to CSV files.

If the OP Tom can find/have some data files then Scan125 can program just a single channel, multiple channels, just one bank or all banks.

Scan125 also support the reading and writing of Butel ARC files. I gather some users use both Scan125 and ARC125 as complements to each other but they are different beasts in how they operate.

The OP Tom has contacted me via PM asking if he can phone me. I have responded and await his reply (US / UK time lags). This post may answer his question(s) if not then I'll be communicating directly with Tom, even by phone if necessary.

Scan125 may be free/charity ware but every user will get my personal attention if they contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.