BC125AT Scan Mode All locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveandrews

Hi,

I'm new here and have just bought a Bearcat BC125AT. I sat down to start programming the scanner but got nowhere. After the first two screens appear I get "All Channels locked out" followed by "Scan Mode Locked out". I read a thread from 2014 about this issue but the solution i read there didn't work. Can anyone help please?

TIA, Steve

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
When the scanner is hung in a mode that you can't clear, try to reset it as explained on page 36 of the manual. That is, with the scanner turned off, press and hold the 2, 9 and HOLD keys and then turn on the scanner. Yeah, you need three hands to do this. The procedure will clear the scanner and return it to initial settings.

Programming is generally easier by using a computer. You can get a free program for the BC125AT from Scan125 Control Program

wtp

To unlock all Search/Close Call frequencies, press and hold L/O in any Search Hold mode until the scanner prompts Clear All L/O. To unlock all search/Close Call frequencies, press and hold L/O until the scanner prompts Clear All L/O? Press Pgm/E to confirm or .Clr to cancel. Press . Clr to resume Searching.

Scan125

The "All Locked Out" is because you have not successfully program at least one channel into your scanner. If you have then you may have inadvertently lock it out.

You are welcome to use my free Scan125 Control Program software (see my signature below). Has many features well in advance of Butel ARC125.

steveandrews

Thanks for all of your support. Part of the problem is that I have a Mac computer and, as far as I know, there is no Mac compatible software available. Fortunately I’ve been able to borrow an old PC laptop. It should arrive today, so I’ll try the software that has been suggested.

Many thanks.

Scan125

Thanks for all of your support. Part of the problem is that I have a Mac computer and, as far as I know, there is no Mac compatible software available. Fortunately I’ve been able to borrow an old PC laptop. It should arrive today, so I’ll try the software that has been suggested.

Many thanks.
Scan125 does work on a MAC but you either have to use Bootcamp and boot a Windows installation or you can use Parallels etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.