BC125AT stopped receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpunter

After updating 2 of my BC125AT scanners with the Uniden software, now they will not receive any signals?! Everything appears to be normal, but it shows no signal received, will not even stop on strong freqs. Even strong signals that other units receive fine. I have done factory reset with no change.
I'm hoping that someone may have had this issue before and can provide a fix! Thank you!!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What Uniden software did you use? Are you talking about a firmware update or programming software?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
There is another thread about firmware for the 125. I don't remember the details, but I think there might be two versions and one was not meant to be used with the other version of the 125. The Uniden page for the 125 does not show any firmware upgrade. Uniden BC125AT Scanner

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There is another thread about firmware for the 125. I don't remember the details, but I think there might be two versions and one was not meant to be used with the other version of the 125. The Uniden page for the 125 does not show any firmware upgrade. Uniden BC125AT Scanner

You might be thinking of the UBC125 and you are correct.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Apparently you didn't used the firmware update, so again what software did you use and when you say you "updated" your scanners what exactly did you do? Did you reprogram them?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
If you can find it, reinstalling the original firmware version might be the solution.

Bob1955

After updating 2 of my BC125AT scanners with the Uniden software, now they will not receive any signals?! Everything appears to be normal, but it shows no signal received, will not even stop on strong freqs. Even strong signals that other units receive fine. I have done factory reset with no change.
I'm hoping that someone may have had this issue before and can provide a fix! Thank you!!
dpunter-How old are these (2) Bearcat BC-125AT's? Is it possible that the antenna connection got damaged by the BNC mounting on the base of scanner? I have never heard of a update and then, they BOTH don't work. Very strange.

dpunter

Thanks for the replies! I know, this sounds nuts, and I'm next! Let me see if I can make better sense of this.
Using the BC125AT SS. We have had some wildfires here in SoCal and found some new frequencies. Entered them into BC125AT SS program, and then write to the scanner. At first I noticed that I am not receiving any signals. Visually everything appears to be scanning fine, but my TRX-1s are booming! Silence from the BC. I thought maybe antenna had issue but after troubleshooting it was determined to be the BC125AT with no signal. The antenna connection seems to be fine. tried different files loaded up, still no receiving. So try my second BC125AT and after updating freqs, no receive on that one also! I have been doing this hundreds of times with no problem. Now I'm not sure what to do, or what I did!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Did you remember to enable banks 0~9 while attempting to scan? Is it scanning? If so, press HOLD and see what frequency is shown.

View your data in Uniden's software and see if everything looks ok.

Last edited:

freqseeker

Thanks for the replies! I know, this sounds nuts, and I'm next! Let me see if I can make better sense of this.
Using the BC125AT SS. We have had some wildfires here in SoCal and found some new frequencies. Entered them into BC125AT SS program, and then write to the scanner. At first I noticed that I am not receiving any signals. Visually everything appears to be scanning fine, but my TRX-1s are booming! Silence from the BC. I thought maybe antenna had issue but after troubleshooting it was determined to be the BC125AT with no signal. The antenna connection seems to be fine. tried different files loaded up, still no receiving. So try my second BC125AT and after updating freqs, no receive on that one also! I have been doing this hundreds of times with no problem. Now I'm not sure what to do, or what I did!
Did your programming include PL tones? It's possible they changed or are incorrect. The programming seems suspect as both radios are having the same problem at the same time. Try removing PL tones or add frequencies without them.
I agree with iMONITOR on the banks possibly being turned off.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber

Can you hear the NOAA weather broadcasts? Hit Func then 3 and select "Weather Scan" by pushing down voume button.

If you can hear the weather frequencies but nothing else, that suggests a programming problem rather than a hardware issue. I saw that you posted in another thread that you thought you had "the antenna connector problem" which is certainly possible, but to have two scanners suddenly develop that problem simultaneously seems unlikely.

dpunter

I tried the Weather Scan, and they never found a signal. Squelch is set at 2, which is normal for me. If I go to 1 and open squelch, the speaker works fine. They act as if the antenna is not connected, but it is, and signal is fine when used on other scanners. Its rather frustrating. I have done complete resets of scanner and firmware/software, antennas, with no change. This may have to go back to Uniden, and the other post caught my attention because it seemed like a similar situation? I was looking to see if anyone else had this particular issue happen to them. Thanks for all input!!

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
I don't have any hard and fast info to share other than correlating similar reports from this forum and others. I have not heard a word back from Uniden. I finally exchanged the scanner for a replacement through the retailer. My new one is working just fine on 1.06.05.

How were you able to confirm? Any more info to share? Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.