BC125AT vs BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I know some of you probably were like wtf when comparing these two models. However, here is what my problem is.

I had the 536 in my truck since it came out. After some tweaking it worked great. I am in the process of taking stuff out including my scanner, as I am looking for a new vehicle. I Put the 125 in as a temp scanner and have noticed a significant amount of interference on certain frequencies. I have mainly noticed it on the 33.88, 33.80 and similar frequencies but also on some VHF. I never had any interference, static, on theses frequencies on the 536. I am using the same mobile antenna. I had the 536 power buy cig plug and the 125 is off the batteries but also I have it plugged into a usb charger that plugged into a cig lighter. I have tried adjusting the squelch in the 125 with no effect. Any ideas?

boycesm

Possible grounding issue? I know the handheld is mainly wireless, do you get the same interference when its unplugged from the USB Charger? I used to have a problem with my alternator on my truck giving off a whine tone when it spun faster or slower.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Possible grounding issue? I know the handheld is mainly wireless, do you get the same interference when its unplugged from the USB Charger? I used to have a problem with my alternator on my truck giving off a whine tone when it spun faster or slower.

I am going to try it today not plugged in.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The ferrite is there to prevent RF noise from being conducted into the scanner from your adapter/PC/vehicle/etc. through the USB cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.