Bc125at vs icom r5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerF18

Hello All,

Looking at maybe getting an BC125AT. I currently have an Icom R5, as far as shear performance, sensitivity and reception, which scanner is better? I listen to MILAIR and CIVILAIR.

Features wise I know the 125AT, is much better, plus the scan rate on the Icom is very slooooooow when compared to the 125AT, so that's a HUGE plus.

I've had GREAT LUCK with the Icom, But, just curious how they perform when comparing the 2.

Thanks,

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marksmith

To give you an answer comparing the two, someone would need to own both. Probably not likely.

Have owned a predecessor to the R5, and it was a little quirky on the programming and very very slow to scan, but an extremely sensitive receiver.

Never owned an R5 so can't help.

Have a bc125at, and it's pretty good in the milair stuff and general vhf and uhf, which is what I use it for. Conventional stuff, not trunked.

I understand it misses the top 20mz or so of the milair band. Not sure what is up there.

The programming is a little more straight foreward, and scanning pretty fast.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

questnz

I owned R6 briefly sold it due to frustration. I own UBC126AT now among other hand held scanners (same as 125) and really like it. Easy to program via software or even manually via keypad. Good sensitivity, nice sound. R6 was nice pocked friendly radio but the menu structure was time consuming to learn, hard to program on the field etc. Only thing going for it was small size excellent battery life. NO regrets. Get BC125AT you get good radio, free keypad and Close Call. Using all radios with Enelope and Enelope Pro batteries.

pb_lonny

I have owned both the R5 and the UBC126AT. The R5 has better RF performance but the UBC126AT is easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.