BC125AT vs Radio Shack Pro-95 or WS1040? (Otago, New Zealand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fa2ality

Hi there,
If you can find either one of these, I'd recommend you look at getting a
Uniden UBC-9000XLT or a UBCT8.
I own a few scanners and these have never given me any issues, considering they are powered up and operating 24/7.

If you're serious about good reception, the first thing I'd highly recommend is installing an outside aerial as high as is possible.
If you need a hand with selecting and planning where to put it, by all means, ask away.
Thanks, Mike. I ended up buying a ubcd436pt and ubc396xt. Planning to run the 436 in discovery mode constantly, which frequency should I search between?
For now, I think ill get the Diamond RH799 since they're 70 to1000mhz.
I kinda regret getting a digital scanner now, but I like the channel color-coded alerts on them that the old analogs lack.
Cheers

Mike_NZ

Thanks, Mike. I ended up buying a ubcd436pt and ubc396xt. Planning to run the 436 in discovery mode constantly, which frequency should I search between?
For now, I think ill get the Diamond RH799 since they're 70 to1000mhz.
I kinda regret getting a digital scanner now, but I like the channel color-coded alerts on them that the old analogs lack.
Cheers
That would depend on what you're after, I could give you some ball-park ideas if you could let me know what sort of services you want to monitor.

fa2ality

That would depend on what you're after, I could give you some ball-park ideas if you could let me know what sort of services you want to monitor.
I should have asked which bands to avoid, I want to hear everything :LOL: (aeroplanes, drive-throughs, CB radio, taxi's etc.)
Today I found what I think is Animal Control DMR channel on 151.124.000 and managed to listen to them using DSD+.
I'm planning to buy the DMR unlock for my 436, are there are other digital networks around us?

Status
Not open for further replies.