BC125AT vs Radio Shack Pro-95 or WS1040? (Otago, New Zealand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fa2ality

Did I say "start with" ? then you see and hear whats in your area
No problem, cheapest scanner on earth for $25
Seems like a powerful for the money tuner, with 2 I can listen to trunked channels, but a slow scanner.

Patricia101

Looks like its the UBC126AT.
So this scanner doesn't pick up anyone on trunking or won't be able to folow the answer back of the transmission picked? And isn't all the big handheld networks like road works etc use trunking?
In parts of NZ. Some of the main road contracting companies also are on digital. Usually trunking, some are on conventional. Fulton Hogan operations can be on DMR digital trunking in the old Teamtalk MPT1327analogue trunking band 414-420MHz. Now known as the Vital Network since it's being converted to digital. While simplex H/Helds for onsite operations can be on other UHF bands.

majoco

Stirrer
I'm still very happy with both my UBCT8's. Often seen on TradeMe. Trunk Tracker and all frequencies, Close Call works well and it's the standard car radio size.

fa2ality

In parts of NZ. Some of the main road contracting companies also are on digital. Usually trunking, some are on conventional. Fulton Hogan operations can be on DMR digital trunking in the old Teamtalk MPT1327analogue trunking band 414-420MHz. Now known as the Vital Network since it's being converted to digital. While simplex H/Helds for onsite operations can be on other UHF bands.
Fulton Hogan, it's this construction company who made me look into scanners lol, lots of stop points due to road construction where I live.

fa2ality

I'm still very happy with both my UBCT8's. Often seen on TradeMe. Trunk Tracker and all frequencies, Close Call works well and it's the standard car radio size.
Sadly, I can't find any for sale right now. So it's just missing digital?

fa2ality

I'd check first to make sure you need digital in Otago. Don't need it in Palmy.
Do you mean police, ambulance etc? I don't want to listen to police, I want to know from Fulton Hogan's handhelds when my stop sign opens so I can decide if I can turn the car off and relax LOL!

fa2ality

"There are currently no products available."
The availability of electronics in New Zealand reminds me of my time living in communist countries lol
I usually work around this by buying my stuff from amazon US etc. but now with scanners we have to find the Aus/NZ models and they don't exist.

fa2ality

In New Zealand I have to wait for my neighbor to sell his and go trade it with a sack of feijoas. :ROFLMAO:

fa2ality

I'm gonna purchase the BCD325P2-AU and I assume I will need to purchase the DMR unlock code from uniden to listen to Fulton Hogan am I right?

fa2ality

So I'm reading that MPT1327 can't be listened too from a handheld and needs pc software to decrypt it?

Bob1955

The UBC126AT sounds good. Will it cover police and fire?

If I understand correctly, trunking is when you can hear the replies to a transmission you're listening to, is that right? If not can you give me some examples of what I'll miss out on without trunking?

Thanks!
Go with the Uniden Bearcat UBC126 AT, MUCH better quality based on my usage of the Bearcat BC-125 AT. The BEST value out there in a non-digital trunking conventional scanner.

fa2ality

Who's on digital in NZ? I noticed it's hard to find a digital scanner in NZ, is it because an analog is more than enough?

Mike_NZ

Hi there,
If you can find either one of these, I'd recommend you look at getting a
Uniden UBC-9000XLT or a UBCT8.
I own a few scanners and these have never given me any issues, considering they are powered up and operating 24/7.

If you're serious about good reception, the first thing I'd highly recommend is installing an outside aerial as high as is possible.
If you need a hand with selecting and planning where to put it, by all means ask away.

Status
Not open for further replies.