BC125AT: BC125AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mica5

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I just got my first radio scanner yesterday, BC125AT, and this thread looks similar to the question I have.

The manual says "You could use each channel storage bank to group frequencies by department, location, area of interest, or any other way you prefer." Doesn't that mean I could save a channel to any bank I want to save it in? e.g. so I could put all the airport broadcasts in their own channel and keep them together but toggle them off them while I'm trying to listen to something else? but UPMan says "Channels 1-50, bank 1; 51-100, bank 2; etc (50 per bank).", which makes it sound like a channel is confined to a specific bank and can't be moved or saved elsewhere?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
A channel is confined to its own bank. However, you can program any frequency into any channel.

dmg1969

Hello, I just got my first radio scanner yesterday, BC125AT, and this thread looks similar to the question I have.

The manual says "You could use each channel storage bank to group frequencies by department, location, area of interest, or any other way you prefer." Doesn't that mean I could save a channel to any bank I want to save it in? e.g. so I could put all the airport broadcasts in their own channel and keep them together but toggle them off them while I'm trying to listen to something else? but UPMan says "Channels 1-50, bank 1; 51-100, bank 2; etc (50 per bank).", which makes it sound like a channel is confined to a specific bank and can't be moved or saved elsewhere?

I have a BC125AT. For all intents and purposes, consider a frequency and a channel to be the same thing. You can program ONE frequency on a channel. Each bank contains 50 channels (therefore can store up to 50 frequencies).

As an example, you can program all of your aviation frequencies into one bank.

124.100 on Channel 1
118.250 on Channel 2
126.450 on Channel 3
and so on.

You can do the same with any other analog frequencies. For example, put your local fire frequencies in bank 2, police in bank 3 and so on.

Or you can do it by County, City, etc. You simply toggle the banks on and off using the numbers of the keypad.

Status
Not open for further replies.