BC15 Close Call when in Remote Control mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I recently found a neat little tidbit...

I have a batch of BC15's as well as other various Uniden scanners. When in Close Call mode the radio does not display the frequency of a Close Call hit until you press the hold button.

However, if you are connected to the radio in Remote Control mode (at least in ARC15), the radio will show the freq and PL after about a half second or so, both on the radio and the computer display. I assume other programs may do this as well, but I don't have them.

If we could only get a firmware update to allow us that use Close Call to have the radio display the frequency without having to press a button that would be great! (Hint hint...)

SCPD

QRT
I recently found a neat little tidbit...

I have a batch of BC15's as well as other various Uniden scanners. When in Close Call mode the radio does not display the frequency of a Close Call hit until you press the hold button.

However, if you are connected to the radio in Remote Control mode (at least in ARC15), the radio will show the freq and PL after about a half second or so, both on the radio and the computer display. I assume other programs may do this as well, but I don't have them.

If we could only get a firmware update to allow us that use Close Call to have the radio display the frequency without having to press a button that would be great! (Hint hint...)

That is not a feature but a bug.

SCPD

QRT
I see, I thought he meant in remote programming mode in the radio. Not the software. My Bad.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The bug is that the radio doesn't display the frequency without user input in the first place. ISTR that this was due to some type of patent issue with Opto from years back, but I am not sure...

At least ARC-15 lets me do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.