bc15x trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimebago

Premium Subscriber
hello erbody
iv been a free member for awhile,never posted but im having problems with programming my 15x,i live in douglas county Georgia.and the city of douglasville is on Motorola type 2 smartnet,i got my scanner programed [ I think] but im not hearing nothing,its scanning ....all the modes on the rr list are A-analog,so I think it will hear those ids...or maybe I need a new scanner to hear them

DJ88

If you go back to the database for Douglasville, see under Miscellaneous Information it says Douglasville Police are transitioning to the Cobb County P25 System. There's no date as to when that was posted so I don't know if they have gone over or not. If so, you would need a digital capable scanner to monitor Cobb County.

Also, the frequencies listed for the Douglasville Trunk System are within the MHz range that was required to be rebanded (856 to 858 MHz). Either they received an exemption from the rebanding requirement or the database hasn't been updated to show the rebanded frequencies.

It might have been a better idea posting this on the Georgia Forum but it's too late now as double posting is a no no here. Maybe if one of the admins sees this and agrees, they can move it.

Last edited:

RBMTS

Push the button to "Report Post" and ask to have this thread moved to the GA state forum section. It is the red triangle in the upper right hand area of your post. It will get moved.

Last edited:

N8IAA

hello erbody
iv been a free member for awhile,never posted but im having problems with programming my 15x,i live in douglas county Georgia.and the city of douglasville is on Motorola type 2 smartnet,i got my scanner programed [ I think] but im not hearing nothing,its scanning ....all the modes on the rr list are A-analog,so I think it will hear those ids...or maybe I need a new scanner to hear them

Yep, you're going to need a scanner that does digital P-25 to hear Douglasville.
Larry

Dimebago

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the replies,i think I posted a few ears ago,on this subject..just forgot,guess im gonna save my $$$ to get a digital scanner ...still like messing with this bct15x,figure learn it and when I get the new one ill have less of a head ache programing it

Status
Not open for further replies.