BC170 Questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad_goblue

I have a BC-170 and recently pulled dusted it off and started using it again. I will admit, I'm a scanner rookie, so these questions might sound stupid. I came to this site and discovered the wealth of scanner frequencies. I entered them into to my scanner which leads me to my first question. I have EMS/Fire/Police frequencies from Ottawa and Kent Counties in Michigan. I am currently in medic school and enjoy listening to the ems frequencies, so I have Life, AMR, Aeromed and all the MEDCOM channels. But I also like listening to fire/police. But I can never hear the fire/police frequencies without having to adjust the squelch, but when I adjust the Squelch than can no longer hear AMR, MEDCOM, etc. Is there any way I can set the squelch to certain channels? Now for my second question, I cannot seem to figure out what the three littler opperations buttons do - Limit, Srch (I'm assuming that is search), and Hold. Would those be able to help me at all with my first question?

mciupa

You would use the limit button to set your first SEARCH range: 155.250
(for example) , next you would push the limit button again and enter156.000 (for example) , hit Search and it would look for activity between that range. If any activity was detected, then you could push HOLD and take note of the freq. and either directly enter it to the bank , or write it down and figure out if it is worth keeping .

It may help you if you want to keep one of those groups in SEARCH and the other in the regular banks. You could adjust the squelch accordingly for whichever activity you are currently involved in.

brad_goblue

when you do the search, I assume the squelch must be adjusted to pick up certain fequencies, or if I put it on auto will it pick it up any?

Status
Not open for further replies.