Bc200xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

lencatman

Hey guys I got a BC200XLT and I got the battery pack off the batteries are wrapped in yellow with Sanyo Cadnica Model BT-049 7.2 600m/Ah 3L to make a long story short the inside is coroded. If I took the batteries out can I still use this scanner? Thank You

rwier

Hey guys I got a BC200XLT and I got the battery pack off the batteries are wrapped in yellow with Sanyo Cadnica Model BT-049 7.2 600m/Ah 3L to make a long story short the inside is coroded. If I took the batteries out can I still use this scanner? Thank You

When I get a scanner, the first thing I do is take out the batteries, plug in the wall wart, and turn on the radio. If nothing happens, I sadly put the batteries back in. Never did ask permission, though.

Last edited:

lencatman

It's a battery pack the inside is coroded well the batteries are anyway. Unless I snip the battery pack red and black wires and use a wall wart I could still use the BC200XLT but then again maybe not as it has 6 batteries wrapped together in yellow plastic tape as mentioned above.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I don't think it will work. My 200xlt with a "dead" pack has to be plugged in for like an hour before it will work.

lencatman

I forgot to mention that the battery pack gets hot when I plug it in. Could this be due to the fact the the batteries are coroded?. I would like to keep this radio as a back up untill I get a new one come tax refund time or sooner.

lencatman

Removed battery pack from BC200XLT took the pack apart carefully snipped the red and black wires from the 6 batteries ( batteries are coroded ) plugged the adaptor into the wall outlet turned on BC200XLT and scanner is DEAD. It's now resting in my junk box. Time for a new scanner to go with my BC246T.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Removed battery pack from BC200XLT took the pack apart carefully snipped the red and black wires from the 6 batteries ( batteries are coroded ) plugged the adaptor into the wall outlet turned on BC200XLT and scanner is DEAD. It's now resting in my junk box. Time for a new scanner to go with my BC246T.

check out this page. (About 1/2 way down) Racing Accessories Headset Splitters Scanner Battery Scanner Batteries Uniden Batteries Race Gear Bags NiMH Batteries Frequency Fan Club Racing Radios Racing Electronics You can get a new pack if you want.

(I checked Uniden 1st, but they don't have them)

Last edited:

gambill1

I have the 100 xlt which is the 100 channel version of your 200 channel. anyway, I pulled the batteries out of the pack and put the pack back on the scanner. I use the wall adapter that comes with the scanner and mine works just fine. I got 3 pack. 2 with batteries and one empty that i use.

moonbounce

I made my own battery pack about 2 years ago it is not hard to do. I would not use corroded batteries, pitch them but take off the red and black wires you will need them if you make a battery pack.

k3cfc

Silent Key

If you look in the pack you will see a regulator. this not only regulates the charging to the batteries but also to the scanner. you can take the red wire from the battery pack and solder it to the positive terminal going to the scanner it's self and it will turn on. i have run my scanner on a 9 volt 200 mil charger for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.