BC23A - can anyone help source a replacement on / off + volume potentiometer please ?

mw0cqu

Hi All,

Some time ago in the US I purchased a BC23A speaker which I subsequently imported to the UK upon my return.
After years of good service the on/off switch within the dial has developed a mechanical fault which causes it to
stay powered up (effectively it clicks off (light goes out) then "overshoots" back on).

Fully appreciating that the unit is out of warranty, and that Uniden USA only support their products in the US I had
hoped that perhaps a polite email to customer support requesting component details and a potential source of supply
might result in me being able to make a local repair and more years of good service ?
After several weeks of waiting and hoping it seems (sadly) that Uniden don't even want to give me the time of day :-(
not even a polite "no".

After googling, I have tried bearcatscanner.com - who did give me the courtesy of a reply (Thanks guys!) but are unable to help

So I thought I would post here to see if someone had a blown up BC23A in a junk box ?
or might just know of the part number ?
or a potential supplier?
or even a direct replacement component that I can use to stop my speaker ending up in landfill ?

Many thanks in advance for any help that might be forthcoming

73 de Rob