BC245int unidine bear cat and yeasu ft250

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Hey everyone
I have not posted anything in awhile. So I moved to a cop town in Arizona. Florence to be exact. Both my scanner and radio work really well out here. only thing is that I can not for the life of me figure out how to program names into them. any tips? Sorry if I put this in the wrong thread. thanks everyone

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone
I have not posted anything in awhile. So I moved to a cop town in Arizona. Florence to be exact. Both my scanner and radio work really well out here. only thing is that I can not for the life of me figure out how to program names into them. any tips? Sorry if I put this in the wrong thread. thanks everyone

The BC245XLT is not configured to allow for text tags (names on the channels/talkgroups). That feature was present on later models, but not the 245. I'm not familiar enough with your other radio (the Yaesu) to know whether or not text can be entered.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
how should I organize the channel's? I want to listen to dps police and the prison. I enjoy listening to all them but I get confused on who they are unless they say it.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Re the FT-250, RTFM [read the factory manual] on page 19 and 20 which explains how to do labelling of frequencies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Re the FT-250, RTFM [read the factory manual] on page 19 and 20 which explains how to do labelling of frequencies.
I have tried that but it does not work for some reason and I have no idea why. That radio was given to me and I would like to use it in my car on the way back to the miserable city. We are country folks now in a small town lol

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
The BC245XLT is not configured to allow for text tags (names on the channels/talkgroups). That feature was present on later models, but not the 245. I'm not familiar enough with your other radio (the Yaesu) to know whether or not text can be entered.

okay thank you I am having so much fun with these. my wifey thinks I am a nerd with them. but I tell her, If one of these inmates escapes we will be the first to know cause I am always listening them

N8IAA

okay thank you I am having so much fun with these. my wifey thinks I am a nerd with them. but I tell her, If one of these inmates escapes we will be the first to know cause I am always listening them

Don't know what you're listening to, but there is a lot of P-25 Phase I and Phase II in your area. Including DMR for the correctional facility. You need to be looking for a Whistler 1088. It will do all of those modes. Everything else that is analog and conventional can be heard on the ham radio and the analog scanner.
And, if one of the inmates escapes, you may not hear it:(
Larry

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Don't know what you're listening to, but there is a lot of P-25 Phase I and Phase II in your area. Including DMR for the correctional facility. You need to be looking for a Whistler 1088. It will do all of those modes. Everything else that is analog and conventional can be heard on the ham radio and the analog scanner.
And, if one of the inmates escapes, you may not hear it:(
Larry
All the phase 1 and 2 are in the city miles away. My wife bought me a scanner for fathers day and I never got to use it because of the new phase stuff. As of now I can hear all the prisons around us. Just the other day a inmate got lost they had cops all over. But 30 minutes later it came on as all clear. The guards messed up on their count. I can hear dps sheriff and are small town police. Its pretty neat but I get confused with the channel's not having any names to them. I just moved here and the move costed a fortune so , getting that radio you told me is not going to happen for a very long time. BTW I except donations lol just joking. thanks for taking the time out to help every one

Last edited:

paulmohr

The safest place to live is next to a prison. If someone does manage to escape trust me they are not sticking around lol. I wouldn't advise leaving your keys in your car though. I live near a prison and a county jail and never had or heard of any problems. We did have two inmates at the prison escape in a garbage truck or something once, but they got caught pretty quick. And I have been in our county jail, there is no way you are escaping from that place unless you are one of the two or three people they trust to go outside. I didn't even get to look out a window for the month and a half I was there lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.