Bc245xlt Question ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

captclint

Mentor
Does anyone know what software to use for this radio to import from the RR data base and if there is one can i get a link to it PLEASE Thanks
Here's the list: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC245XLT#Supporting_Software
According to the web site, Scan Control does essentially download using [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]DataGrabber[/FONT]

I can't vouch for it, but here is part 1 Scan Control Lite Review at Strong Signals and Part 2 Scan Control Full version Review at Strong Signals

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Capt Clint gave you the answer. Read his response.

Unfortunately there is no software for the 245 I know of that connects to the database like, say ARC250 or BcTool does. There's a fair amount of software for the 245, but it's all quite old and dated. The review I did of Scan Control is at least 3 major releases back, but is still relatively valid. Since that time, they've added audio recording and the Data Grabber, among other somewhat less important tweaks to the 245 support. The editor is, to me, pretty klunky - it reminds me of an old 80s style word processing package - but it works.

It's a real shame - out of the old freeware packages, the Senss software works pretty well in spite of it's odd interface and presentation. If someone were to update it to include recording and RR import, and clean up the various oddities (not a small challenge, given how old the software is), I think it would be fairly popular, given that there are still a number of 245s that folks use. It should be stressed that, although I hear it works fine in XP, I don't know if it would work in Vista.

Don't forget about IDTracker (the original version, not the DMA version). The review I did of that was several versions ago - it now works with the 245 in trunking and conventional modes. Of course, it's really geared to capturing statistics (and recording) freq and talkgroups, and has very little to do with programming.

73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.