Bc245xlt Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

Hey everyone: !! I am tring to play around with this scanner here , and can not figure out or find it in the book on how to store any talk groups or if i even can store them I am tring to see if it will allow me to program the palm 800 here in South Carolina http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=429
Also I would like to get life net with this scanner if possiable , can someone tell me if this radio will allow me to do this ?? and if it will let me can some one send me a link or walk me through one time how to do it

Thanks-----Jason

spooney

First go to page 39 and follow the instructions on: (Programming Trunking Frequencies). Then go to page 48 and follow the instructions on: (Programming ID Scan Lists Manually). :)

Last edited:

lugoffman

First go to page 39 and follow the instructions on: (Programming Trunking Frequencies). Then go to page 48 and follow the instructions on: (Programming ID Scan Lists Manually). :)

Well thats just the thing I don't have a manual.
All I got is a sight I go to and it doesn't have a page number on it it's a very poor sight Lol !!! but I do know how to program frequency's in it though just don't know how to program id's in
Also will this scanner allow me to be able to monitor this sight , well link http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=429

spooney

Well thats just the thing I don't have a manual.
All I got is a sight I go to and it doesn't have a page number on it it's a very poor sight Lol !!! but I do know how to program frequency's in it though just don't know how to program id's in
Also will this scanner allow me to be able to monitor this sight , well link http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=429

Select your manual from the list here:
http://www.uniden.com/index/manuals_results.cfm?cat=3

Yes, all T/G's with an "A" analog Mode.

Last edited:

lugoffman

lugoffman

This wiki article has a list of the steps to program the 245, along with a few tricks not documented in the manual. Note that anything in blue or underlined is a link...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/The_BC245_Trunking_FAQ

73 Mike

Hey thanks this is a lot better than what the book has I see some easyer tricks in here it never crossed my mind to use the wiki page cause I didn't really know how to use it well but thanks a lot !!!

lugoffman

lugoffman

This wiki article has a list of the steps to program the 245, along with a few tricks not documented in the manual. Note that anything in blue or underlined is a link...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/The_BC245_Trunking_FAQ

73 Mike

One more question I didn't see after putting in the frequency's and setting it to search mode does the search mode automatically put the talk group id's in storage or do I got to do that ??? and do you know how to erase all the memory / stored frequency's in it to start over

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You will need to store them yourself manually, if you're not using software - see page 54 in the manual (likely on the same page in the PDF version, the link for which was given earlier). If all you're looking to do is program the scanner, then the lite version of Scan Control will do nicely. It uses a copy/paste function that copies data from the database into clipboard and from there into the editor, where you can fool around with it before uploading. Unfortunately I don't know of any current software that allows for the use of the database, as there is with many of the newer offerings.

I'm pulling this from memory, so it's possible I'm wrong here - but holding 2+9+L/O while powering the scanner should be the key combo to clear everything. Note that when I say clear everything, that's exactly what it does, so be sure before you do it.

73 Mike

lugoffman

You will need to store them yourself manually, if you're not using software - see page 54 in the manual (likely on the same page in the PDF version, the link for which was given earlier). If all you're looking to do is program the scanner, then the lite version of Scan Control will do nicely. It uses a copy/paste function that copies data from the database into clipboard and from there into the editor, where you can fool around with it before uploading. Unfortunately I don't know of any current software that allows for the use of the database, as there is with many of the newer offerings.

I'm pulling this from memory, so it's possible I'm wrong here - but holding 2+9+L/O while powering the scanner should be the key combo to clear everything. Note that when I say clear everything, that's exactly what it does, so be sure before you do it.

73 Mike

Well I would use the scan control but I dont have a usb cable thing for it someone told me once , that I will not be able to get one , for some reason; but if ya know were I can get one it would be much appreciated.
Cause I know how to use the scan control , I used it on my bc296d would love to have it for the 245xlt though but no cable Lol !!!
Also I will try that to erace everything !! cause I want to be able to set it up to the bank that I want everything on so once again Thanks --- Jason

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Tch tch. Do some homework for a change. Don't take what everyone else tells you is gospel. Scanner Master lists them as being in stock - I'd call before taking out the old plastic, but there's at least one possibility

http://www.scannermaster.com/BC245XLT_SC200_PC_Serial_Cable_p/01-530685.htm

Once you get one, you should be able to disconnect your 296, put on this cable, set up the interface speed in the scanner (also detailed in the manual) and you should be good to go. If SC is working with your 296, I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the 245 as well.

73 Mike

lugoffman

Tch tch. Do some homework for a change. Don't take what everyone else tells you is gospel. Scanner Master lists them as being in stock - I'd call before taking out the old plastic, but there's at least one possibility

http://www.scannermaster.com/BC245XLT_SC200_PC_Serial_Cable_p/01-530685.htm

Once you get one, you should be able to disconnect your 296, put on this cable, set up the interface speed in the scanner (also detailed in the manual) and you should be good to go. If SC is working with your 296, I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the 245 as well.

73 Mike

Man thanks !!!! I thought I had one of those scanners that you could not get nothing for Man you are right I do need to start looking stuff up more offten Lol !!! and stop listening to others

lugoffman

73 Mike

hey I tried to do the 2+9+l/o and nothing and I can't unless I'm over looking it ,find it in the book on how to erace everything so any ifo woul be thankfull

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
These combinations are NOT in the manual.

I finally remembered how to do it - it took a while! Anyway, while powering the scanner up, hold 2, 9 and manual down. It will say 'CLEAr' flash a couple of times, then the display will show all the banks with 0 frequencies. Just do it, as they say

I'm going to add that to the 245 wiki article so it doesn't get lost again.

73 Mike

lugoffman

These combinations are NOT in the manual.

I finally remembered how to do it - it took a while! Anyway, while powering the scanner up, hold 2, 9 and manual down. It will say 'CLEAr' flash a couple of times, then the display will show all the banks with 0 frequencies. Just do it, as they say

I'm going to add that to the 245 wiki article so it doesn't get lost again.

73 Mike

Still can't seem to get it to work I must be doing somthing wrong .
Here is what I am doing , I am turning the radio off and then waiting a few sec. and then I am turning it on and pushing the 2 , 9 , and manual all at the same time and it still won't do nothing ???? Never mind I got it to work you have to have these pushed down before you power it up

Last edited:

lugoffman

One more question ???
How do I get the 245xlt to go from open to close mode I got it in closed mode right now ? , but lets just say I want to monitor other tgid's can I turn it to open mode or would I got to program another bank for open mode?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
RTM!! See page 52 of the manual.

What you are calling open mode is, in Uniden terms, ID Search. Closed mode is ID Scan. You can switch between the two with a keystroke. I'm not sure about having 2 seperate trunk banks in different modes (1 in ID scan, the other in ID Search). I know that can be done on the newer DMA scanners, but I'm not sure about the old 245. Worth trying - as I said, it's easy to fix with a keystroke 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.