BC246 Getting stuck on Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
I have two BC246 that are programmed identical for the City of Wheeling Rebanded system. One of those BC246 will get stuck on a talkgroup and it will never release - it also sounds like squelch when that person is starting. If I turn it off and take the batteries it works fine and if I change the End Bit code and Status Bit code it seems to work for a few minutes to hours then goes back to the same thing...

Any ideas? I'm almost a noob on these types of things.

Forgot to mention: I have reloaded the firmware and deleted and recreated the System.

Last edited:

kf5qgf

Whilst this is completely not helpful, rest easy, the pool of minds here at RR is viewing and thinking, I use RadioShack scanners, so I know nothing of uniden, best of luck though.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Since you are hearing squelch, did you adjust the squelch itself? Could also be the antenna, switch them and see if the other scanner does it as well.

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
Yes, I have tried to adjust it while it was "stuck" but it never changed anything. The weirdest part is when I turn it off and back on it works fine for a while and then it will go back into it.

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
The fix

Well I managed to get this issue resolved by doing a factory reset on the device and then reprogramming the scanner. I never thought about doing one nor did I know it could be done. Press the #2,9, and Hold button while turning the scanner on did a Factory Reset on the BC246.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Well I managed to get this issue resolved by doing a factory reset on the device and then reprogramming the scanner. I never thought about doing one nor did I know it could be done. Press the #2,9, and Hold button while turning the scanner on did a Factory Reset on the BC246.

I wonder how that fixed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.