BC246T and 6.25 step

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjz7443

Hello I'm trying to put the NYC DoITT UHF system into the radio. I'm downloading in from RR using freescan, when it's downloading it shows the step as being 6.25. After it's downloaded into the radio I check the step on the radio and it shows it as 12.5 and it also changed the control frequencies, I tried to changed the step to 6.25 but it's not even there as an option 12.5 is the lowest step. According the the manual the radio is capable of handling a 6.25 step. I have the latest firmware installed. Am I doing something wrong?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you don't really have anything in the radio that matters, you can try to reset the scanner, then try uploading the system. If you do have stuff in freescan, you should save it on your computer, and start a new file in freescan with the Uhf system.

To reset the scanner, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on.

Important! This deletes all pre programmed data. You cannot restore pre programmed data that has been deleted.

Once thats done, connect the scanner to freescan and read the scanner, then download the doitt uhf system.

The webpages says (Custom Frequency Tables, Base 482.00000 Spacing 6.25 Offset 380)

When I download into freescan it shows Mot uhf band as lower 482.000 upper 484.36875 step 6.25 offset 380

I don't know if that should be set to Mot Custom Reband Type II

You also said that your freescan matched the pic I posted in the private message you sent me.

When uploading to scanner, what do you have checked in the pic below??

Attachments

• uploasd.JPG
    uploasd.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 179

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When I download the system into Sentinel, it lists the band plan as custom. But that is for the 436hp

rjz7443

I'm going to do the reset and then I have to look and see what I have checked off. Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know how I make out.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you don't really have anything in the radio that matters, you can try to reset the scanner, then try uploading the system. If you do have stuff in freescan, you should save it on your computer, and start a new file in freescan with the Uhf system.

To reset the scanner, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on.

Important! This deletes all pre programmed data. You cannot restore pre programmed data that has been deleted.

Once thats done, connect the scanner to freescan and read the scanner, then download the doitt uhf system.

The webpages says (Custom Frequency Tables, Base 482.00000 Spacing 6.25 Offset 380)

When I download into freescan it shows Mot uhf band as lower 482.000 upper 484.36875 step 6.25 offset 380

I don't know if that should be set to Mot Custom Reband Type II

You also said that your freescan matched the pic I posted in the private message you sent me.

When uploading to scanner, what do you have checked in the pic below??

Rebanding has nothing to do with UHF systems...Mike

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get my BC246T to receive the DoITT UHF.

Enter the system as MOT>800MHzCustom.
Then I entered the lower 482.0000 and upper 484.36875, step 6.25, offset 380, control channels as listed in RR database, control channel only.
My scanner accepted it all and now i can hear the DoITT UHF system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.