BC246T coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggynog

does anybody know of any way I can reprogram my bc246t to cover all airband frequencies?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It sounds like you don't understand your area, nor how DMA works, very well. So let's start by getting where you are; go to the User CP which is in the blue toolbar under the title thread, then go to Edit Your Profile (on the left) then scroll down to the location box, and enter your county/state. That will help get you scannists from your area; local help is always best. This way, you aren't searching 'all airband' frequencies; local folks can tell you what is active in your area. Our database might have some information, and sites like AirNav are excellent places to start.

As for how DMA works, we have a FAQ that should help get you started. In the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad, float your mouse over Wiki then select FAQs from the pulldown. Select the Uniden DMA FAQ from the listing.

At the bottom of that page are links to the Easier to Read series of manuals. Download the one for the 246.

That should get you started. 73 (best regards) Mike

N8IAA

does anybody know of any way I can reprogram my bc246t to cover all airband frequencies?
If you are asking if it receives milair in the 225-380Mhz band along with the VHF airband-------No. Neither does the 346. Only the 396t, 396XT and the older discontinued 330 do milair. The RS Pro-164 does both airbands.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.