BC246T Display Garbled & Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbcue

When I have my BC246T plugged into the AC outlet, the display is garbled and upside-down. A bunch of random things are highlighted, like SYS, 2, 9, ATT, A key, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, FM, L/L, F, and (C) - closecall.

When on battery, there is nothing on the display (blank). It just started happening this morning when I turned it on.

The scanner function works fine, and I receive audio, loud and clear. The LED backlight also works. When I plug the scanner into my computer and use FreeScan, it can virtually control it, showing what it would show on the display on my computer monitor.

Took the back cover off and found nothing loose inside.

I've tried flashing it twice, it doesn't help... Do I now have a broken scanner? This sucks.

DPD1

I had a 780 that did that once. I picked it up and put it back down a little harder than I should have and it started with the gibberish. Sounds stupid, but I sort of lightly hit it with my palm a couple times... turned it off and on, and it came back. My guess is a fractured solder point and I got lucky. It may go out again at some point.

Gbcue

Wow, I just did exactly that, and it is now working.

This is so dumb...

SCPD

QRT
Wow, I just did exactly that, and it is now working.

This is so dumb...

Check the voltage from the power supply under load. A 1M+ series resistor should work.Often times the wall warts will go bad and overvoltage will reach the LCD display.

Status
Not open for further replies.