BC246T Groups Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathalogical

The manual says you can program 20 groups per system. So I was entering some conventional freqs as Group 8, others in Group 9 and yet some more in Group 0 (which is 10). I set each Quick Key respectively, 8, 9, 0. Any new group I program after this will show up on the display as Group 11, 12 etc. Yet when prompted to enter a Quick Key you can only enter one digit. Does this mean you have to double-up some groups, that is, Group 3 with Group 11 ? What if I just wanna hear Group 11 ?

Also, System Numbers:

I entered a new System and was prompted by the scanner as being System 21. I then added another system and was then told it was System 28 ! A third system was entered and was told it is System 36. Three consecutive systems entered, but why the huge gap in numbers ? I've entered and deleted systems over time but shouldn't they be numbered in numerical order ?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
"Does this mean you have to double-up some groups, that is, Group 3 with Group 11 ?"

Correct.

mike_webb59

I created Systems that function like Banks 0-9. Haven't created more than 10 systems -- yet.
I created Groups starting at "1" that function like (sub-)Banks. They're more like Banks on Banks for Conventional, and Banks and TG's for TRSs.

One uses [system quick key] for activing or deselecting systems; then use [function]+[group quick key] to activate or deselect groups within the system.

I wonder if System Numbers are based on dynamic memory allocation. This would the case if system 21 had 6, 7 or 8 channels, and system 28 had 7,8 or 9 channels (hard to do the new math). Otherwise, I dunno.

HTH, Mike

pathalogical

I've only encountered this situation with my Conventional System. I have used Groups 1-0. I guess if I want Group 11, I could always start a New System at Group 1.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
to echo a reply already, yes, you have to double up, if you are not already using a program like butel to program your radio, get it... also, congrats, pro 43 is a good radio, pro 46 is nice as well, but you now have a real radio. ;-) bc246t

pathalogical

Unfortunately my PC is to old to run any software for the 246. I've been using my trusty thumbs and I can surely win any thumb war ! As for the 43, it was a fluke find here in town. Will look forward to getting appropriate usage from it when the airshow is in town, other than that, there's no active milair activities around here...well, I haven't heard any if there is. I'm in the process of reorganizing my 246 and must commence my thumb excersises !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.