bc246t help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joec

My scanner is about 8 years old and I want to get back to using it. I live in Union NJ with a trunk system and can you tell me how to I find what freq are programmed into each group. This scanner has a 232 port,how can i convert it to a USB connection and what software to use to program it Thanks Joe

captclint

Mentor
My scanner is about 8 years old and I want to get back to using it. I live in Union NJ with a trunk system and can you tell me how to I find what freq are programmed into each group. This scanner has a 232 port,how can i convert it to a USB connection and what software to use to program it Thanks Joe
This is the software: Uniden BC246T Software Here is the cable needed to program: Connecting scanners via USB
A quick review of Union County, shows Union county currently? on EDACS trunking system, but migrating to a Digital system which your scanner will not receive. New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS) Trunking System, StatewideHowever, it also shows Union Township EDACS Trunkking with no indication they are migrating.

Last edited:

joec

Union township has an EDACS system with 7 freq and 5 talkgroups,three groups that i do NOT want to hear, how do I program out the school groups not knowing what of the 7 freq pertain to the fire and police dept only Thanks

joec

is there an easy way to eliminate groups from bc246t,I am new to scanners thanks

joec

Maybe I can just somehow just input the DEC AND AFS for the groups i want? thanks

captclint

Mentor
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.