bc246T issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmusty123

I have been using my bc246T for over four years with no problem. Now, it appears to be skipping over a whole list of frequencies. I have Sacramento Fire and County Sheriff on one system and Sacramento PD on on another. It goes to the system for Sac PD for less than a second, then back to the other system where it is scanning correctly. Every time it goes to the Sac PD system, it switches back to the Sac Fire/County system almost immediately. I'm wondering if I have inadvertently changed a setting that makes it skip the first system. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Keith_W7KEW

The BC246T has a Hold time for a programmed system. Check that setting in each programmed system. If that doesn't fix it then you should do a complete reset using the keypad shortcut then reupload the programming.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Like some has already said,it might be the hold time for that system.Is there any frequencys in that system? Are they all locked out?

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Looks like Sacremento rebanded recently. You need to reprogram the site as a CUSTOM using the reband band plan.

RobertEG

Premium Subscriber
I was having the same problem with my BC346XT. I listen to Sac city fire and PD, all the county fire agencies, sac county sheriff and Elk Grove PD. Mine has a city system and a county system. I was having the problem of it taking forever to scan the city system, meanwhile missing alot of radio traffic on the county system. What I had to do was actually lockout the city system (trunked channels). Now its working great and I'm still receiving both City and County agencies while not missing any radio traffic. What I did notice is I'm not getting Regional Transit and other misc channels.

mmusty123

How do I re-program the site as a custom using the rebanding plan? Do I need to re-load new frequencies or do I keep the existing frequencies and change some other settings? Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.