bc246t packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbobo

I just got my bc246t in the mail today that I got from an ebay store ... I've done business with the guy before and never had problems ... but, the box for the 246 wasn't shrink wrapped like my bxt15 box was ... should this concern me? I mean the scanner is in perfect condition, but little things like the power cord and the programming cable look like they have been taken out of the bag and then carfully placed back in and re-taped ... it urks me lol

edit:

ok, I answered my own question ... I turned it on for the first time and the mfer is programmed for "Cuyahoga" .....

Last edited:

n2mdk

Don't go overboard yet there is a lot of preprogrammed stuff in the scanner right out of the box. I believe Cuyahoga CONVT is one of them. Is this stuff in under System Quick Key 9 that's where all the preprogrammed stuff is I believe.

pogbobo

you're always right Jerri :p

damnit it is qk9 ... my bad folks, I guess I jumped the gun....

*insert foot in mouth*

I guess I was just expecting the shrink wrap like my BCT15 :confused:

edit: but how did quick key 9 get enabled, because it was the only one turned on?

n2mdk

Ckeck everything programmed in there under 9. As a matter of fact the UASD software has everything preprogrammed in the thing stored in the software.
Somehow I think a lot of that stuff was still in my memory even though it didn't show up as if it was.

SCPD

QRT
I agree with Jerri.. When I got my 246T it was not shrink wrap, and all those pre-program stuff was on there also. I deleted all that stuff and It has worked fine. I dont think I have ever seen a 246T wrapped

Mark

pogbobo

I'm probably just being paranoid about the cables as well ... one of them was in a sealed bag but then one wasn't ... i dunno ... I think I'm over it haha

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've never seen a shrink wrapped scanner from Uniden. I'd be more concerned if about a shrink wrapped box than a none shrink wrapped box.

Gary

pogbobo

garys said:
I've never seen a shrink wrapped scanner from Uniden. I'd be more concerned if about a shrink wrapped box than a none shrink wrapped box.

Gary

like I said, my bct15 box was wrapped :confused::)

garys

Premium Subscriber
pogbobo said:
like I said, my bct15 box was wrapped :confused::)

My point was that Uniden doesn't shrink wrap their boxes. At least not the ones I've bought. The seller might have done that, but I'd wonder why.

Gary

pogbobo

haha thanks Gary! now I'm worried about my BCT15 :p

not really ... I'm gonna go grab a cold one and relax for a bit :)

pogbobo

I have no idea what that is rofl .... all I can tell you is that you probably don't want what I have, it came in a box of 12, and it costed about $6, but man it is hittin the spot

:eek:

garys

Premium Subscriber
pogbobo said:
I have no idea what that is rofl .... all I can tell you is that you probably don't want what I have, it came in a box of 12, and it costed about $6, but man it is hittin the spot

I'd be more worried about drinking anything that came in a 12 pack for $6.00! :)

Gary

CLTX11

pogbobo said:

Bottom of the barrel stuff huh?

That just sounds nasty, 12 pk for $6. Keystone is not even that cheap and that will just about give you the squirts for a year.

n2mdk

pogbobo said:

Can anyone say Milwaukee's Beast err I mean Best, their Ice beer does get you buzzed if you can actually get it down.

pogbobo

I was drinkin on some natty light, and it was more like $7 something rofl ... don't feel so good today haha

Jerri, I like that commercial, its old school

n2mdk

I always remember going to Mets games at Shea Stadium in the late 60's early 70's and coming home smelling like I believe Rhinegold from having it spilled on you from either passing it down or by people behind you.
I remember that commercial somewhat but there was a slightly more refined one I remember better, but couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.