BC246T rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

According to the wiki, the BC246T will survive rebanding. Does anyone know if this will be by a firmware update available by download or will the scanner need to be sent to Uniden for a new CPU ?

jerk

According to the wiki, the BC246T will survive rebanding. Does anyone know if this will be by a firmware update available by download or will the scanner need to be sent to Uniden for a new CPU ?
There should be a firmware update...
Someday, in the future, I think that NASA will land on the moon before rebanding firmware updates become a reality from Uniden.

Or at least it will seem that way. ;)

This only applies to Motorola systems, EDACS and LTR just need the channels reprogrammed.

So no, you won't' have to send your scanner in to them. I think you can register it and your email address, and Uniden will send you an email. Of course watching here will let you know the good, the bad, of anything that comes out.

xpawel15x

Do you know if the connection cable comes with the scanner to program current and future firmware updates or it has to be bought seperately?

Last edited:

n2mdk

The cable comes with it, it requires a serial connection or a USB to serial adapter.

xpawel15x

The cable comes with it, it requires a serial connection or a USB to serial adapter.

Which cable is the one that comes with the scanner? The USB or the serial version? My laptop doesn't have a serial connection so it will do me no good. I would need the USB version and I hope that's the one that comes with the scanner.

Last edited:

CStarr59

The serial cable comes with the 246. The usb cable has to be purchased seperately. Just get on ebay and type in "bc246t usb cable" That is where I got mine and it works good. You must install the driver for the usb before hooking to the scanner or you will get error messages. Just follow the instructions included with your usb cable.

xpawel15x

Is there really free software to program freqs and systems into the scanner or did I read something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.