BC246t Remote Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

bctrl1

Can anyone tell me what specific type of connector is used for the remote port on the BC246t? Part numbers, manufacturers, or any other bits of information that could help track these connectors down would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
There is no parts list available in the owners manual or on the Uniden web site. You would need to call Uniden parts to find a number. I'm sure it's a standard connector, I've seen it used on other consumer electronics. Maybe Digi-Key would have one, if you can get the part number.

jrplmil

If it helps I have the 246t and 396t and use the same cable. I also use it on the laptop with usb only with the radio shack adapter and software. There is no nu,bers on either cable that I have but both work with both radios. Hopes that will help a little.

Last edited:

bctrl1

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was hoping somone may have been familiar with this type of connector, know of a manufacturer or some other equipment where it may have been used aside from scanners. I would prefer not to purchase the $15 cable with intentions of cutting it to pieces :)

Nevertheless, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.