BC246T RX Oddity....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I was in Cambridge Ontario today visiting my wifes grandparents and spent a little time with my radios. While searching with my 246t I found a Motorola control channel on 852.3500, so I made a new Motorola system and entered that one frequency. Now for some reason, it wouldn't scan that system. If I manually sit on the control channel... nothing. Dead silence. Go back into search mode and it would stop on the control channel every time. So I grabbed my Pro-96 and entered the same frequency, and it gave me a SYSID of 4D39. Anyone have any idea as to why my 246t ignores that frequency when it's programmed into a system?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Turns out this is a splinter system, and this is an oddity of the Uniden scanners. Setup a system as Type II Standard, but enter a splinter frequency and you won't hear the control channel while manually parked on it.

slicerwizard

Yet another bug that they should deal with, but the 246 doesn't seem to be getting any more updates. The same bug is in the 396 (and probably in the 996, etc.) - those might get another update in a year or so, but I doubt they will address this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.