BC246T / SC230 Firmware Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden has released v2.10 firmware for both of these scanners. The updates do not affect anything you'll likely ever see (unless you run the scanners on a test set in some very specific ways). They are primarily intended to make some of the factory testing work more smoothly, however, they should also reduce the amp "pop" noise a couple of people have reported. Since you'll start seeing the new version in future production units, I thought it best to release them for download.

The d/l's are available from the download area of www.Uniden.com.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I thought there was supposed to be an updated delay for Close Call to 10 seconds. I don't believe there's any way to actually change the setting to 10 seconds, though. Mine is still 0-5 seconds.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Gilligan said:
I thought there was supposed to be an updated delay for Close Call to 10 seconds. I don't believe there's any way to actually change the setting to 10 seconds, though. Mine is still 0-5 seconds.

Infinity, would be better IMO.

Gilligan

Database Admin
DaveIN said:
Infinity, would be better IMO.
I disagree. At least with a short delay you don't have to touch the radio if you don't want to continue monitoring the freq after they have stopped talking. I do know what you mean though. Let's face it -- no "PRESS ANY KEY" would be perfect....

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Gilligan said:
I disagree. At least with a short delay you don't have to touch the radio if you don't want to continue monitoring the freq after they have stopped talking. I do know what you mean though. Let's face it -- no "PRESS ANY KEY" would be perfect....

press any key and then "hold", it will go back to close call mode (if you were in close call only mode).

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
LOL, same here, i almost never hit "e" quick enough to catach when i have close call running in the background...

Status
Not open for further replies.